NTSG researchers generate yearly over 20 peer-reviewed publications which receive over 7,500 citations during that same period. Above is a map of the distribution of downloaded publications over the last 5 years. Below are links to some our most recent publications.
- Integrating snow science and wildlife ecology in Arctic-boreal North America
- A methodology to derive global maps of leaf traits using remote sensing and climate data
- Innovation in rangeland monitoring: annual, 30 m, plant functional type percent cover maps for U.S. rangelands
- Global Estimation of Biophysical Variables from Google Earth Engine Platform
- Global satellite retrievals of the near-surface atmospheric vapor pressure deficit from AMSR-E and AMSR2
NTSG Data Products
NTSG supports several NASA satellite Earth missions and is a leader in developing operational algorithms, data products and science applications for these missions. We are a NASA Earth Science Information Partner(ESIP), developer and repository for a variety of global land data products from satellite Earth missions, including MODIS (MOD16/17) vegetation productivity and evapotranspiration, AMSR land parameters, and SMAP (L4C) carbon flux products. Below are quick links to some of our more popular data products:
NTSG teaching/instruction emphasizes research training for postdocs and GRAs in the skills needed to become effective research scientists in ecological remote sensing and modeling. These skills include writing competitive research proposals; writing and publishing research papers in the peer-reviewed literature; application of geospatial software and computer programming for processing and analyzing large global satellite datasets; management of interdisciplinary research projects and field campaigns. We provide our GRAs and postdoctoral scholars with state-of-the-art remote sensing data and science computing facilities; opportunities for travel, science leadership and networking, and presenting their work at national and international workshops.
For aditional information on: